As the year’s first manufacturing trade fair, NORTEC is an established industry meeting-point and a select sales and networking platform. 2018 was the 16th time that production managers gathered to find out about the latest practical developments in production engineering and manufacturing processes.
The facts at a glance:
- The trade fair presents industrial production engineering and machines and tools for metalworking
- Over 400 exhibitors show their solutions for every value added phase
- Around 12,000 trade visitors consist primarily of decision-makers and buyers
- The venue is Hamburg exhibition grounds in the heart of the city
- The very latest exhibition halls (Halls A1, A3 and A4) offer around 27,000 m² of exhibition space
Don’t miss out: meet the people you need to be in contact with.
We look forward to seeing you there!
NORTEC’s visitor target groups
NORTEC, as an established industry trade fair, presents pioneering production engineering specially for small and medium sized enterprises. Manufacturers and retailers of machines and systems present themselves alongside suppliers, contract manufacturers and suppliers to upstream and downstream areas of the value chain. Exhibitors meet experienced trade visitors looking for actual solutions to their production challenges.
At NORTEC you can network with:
- Suppliers and workshop businesses
- Businesses from the following industrial sectors: vehicle construction, medical equipment, aerospace, wind energy engineering, maritime engineering, mechanical and systems engineering, logistics, precision mechanics and optics industry, packaging industry, tool and fixture construction
- Executive directors and decision-makers
- Production planners, procurement & logistics
- Developers: R&D departments, engineers, IT specialists
- Driving the future: start-ups and universities (TU HH, HAW, Helmut Schmidt University)
Every dimension of added value
Digitalisation has reached every corner of industrial manufacturing. It makes production and manufacturing more efficient, allows individual customer requirements to be implemented easily, permits new business models and can be integrated step-by-step into conventional production in small modules. NORTEC 2018 focused on this theme and was be hosting “4.0 – Practical Guidance for SMEs” in Hall A3. The emphasis was on refitting existing machines as well as collecting and evaluating data with which to optimise processes, and the use of pioneering processes such as laser, automation and electronics.
At the heart of NORTEC, exhibitors presents machines and systems, tools and appliances, controllers and measurement equipment. Suppliers and contract manufacturers offer their services alongside specialists at the upstream and downstream points of the value chain: design, calculation and simulation, control, IT, logistics, quality control and service.