In the event that we have no other choice but to cancel NORTEC because of the coronavirus pandemic, we will refund the participation fee (including the AUMA fee and the fee for the marketing package).
NORTEC is 2022's first manufacturing trade fair and the only event in northern Germany where production experts gather. From 25 to 28 January 2022, decision-makers from all over Germany will descend on NORTEC in the heart of Hamburg for the 18th time. It is organised by Hamburg Messe und Congress GmbH (HMC).
1. Will my participation fee be reimbursed if NORTEC is cancelled on account of COVID-19 after all?
2. Will the fees I have paid for supplementary services booked through the HMC Online Service Center (e.g., counters, chairs, etc.) be refunded if NORTEC is cancelled because of COVID-19?
If we are forced to cancel NORTEC because of the coronavirus pandemic, we will refund the costs incurred when booking services through the OSC.
3. I have booked a stand but am unable to set it up and/or travel to Hamburg because of travel restrictions and quarantine requirements. Will my participation fee be refunded?
If you can provide evidence that you are unable to participate because of COVID-19-related restrictions, your participation fee will be refunded (including the AUMA fee and the marketing package).
4. Will HMC reimburse us for the costs of services booked with third parties (such as catering services, agencies etc.)?
No. Any services ordered from third parties are exclusively subject to the contractual relationship between the parties to the contract. Therefore HMC will not reimburse you for any of these costs.
5. Can I withdraw my registration?
You may revoke your registration free of charge prior to being approved (refer to General Terms of Participation, section 8.1). Please submit your withdrawal request in writing.
6. Trade fairs and exhibitions are currently not allowed. What should I expect, and what measures should I implement with regard to stand construction?
The temporary restrictions imposed by our city to control the coronavirus pandemic apply to HMC as to all other organisations. Trade fairs, exhibitions and entertainment events are currently prohibited. However, we are confident that they will be allowed again in September. For more information on current restrictions please refer to the latest version of the City ordinance “HmbSARS-CoV-2-EindämmungsVO” .
As soon as trade fairs, exhibitions and other events are permissible again, we will update our Health and Safety Guidelines accordingly, including its Appendix 2 – Stand Construction for Trade Fairs, Exhibitions and Events. Please direct any questions regarding your stand construction concept to our stand design review team at ops(at)hamburg-messe(dot)de.
No legal claims may be derived from the information contained in this overview. We shall not be held liable for any errors or omissions. Revised 25-01-2021.
Any further questions? The NORTEC team will gladly advise you personally!